Home of the -AtF- Clan                  ◊◊◊◊                 -Atf- IS RECRUITING! APPLY TODAY!!.                  ◊◊◊◊                 Download your copy of the -AtF- Gamefile Manager located in our downloads section.                  ◊◊◊◊                
HOME FORUMS WEBLINKS FILES JOINUS

Main Menu
HomeHome
    Home
Members
    Your Account
Community
    -AtF- Forums
    -AtF- Clan Rules
    -AtF- Member App
Files & Links
    Web Links
News
    Topics
Other
    Member Application

Search for at
Advanced Tactical Forces Advanced Search

GameConfigFileManger HELP/F.A.Q. file! V1.2.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Advanced Tactical Forces Forum Index -> -AtF- Presents Game Config File Manager
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTooTall
Spammer!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:17 pm Post subject: GameConfigFileManger HELP/F.A.Q. file! V1.2.0 Reply with quote

!!!Please Do NOT edit this text file! You will have to RE-INSTALL GCFM if this HELP file is MODIFIED at ALL!!!

(C)Copyright 2010 Advanced Tactical Forces (www.clan-atf.com)

This release of the program is FREE to install and use by the public and may NOT be used for profit!
This program is NOT affiliated/owned or supported by ACTIVISION or any other company that makes the games that Game Config File Manager lists or uses!
We at -AtF- retain the sole rights to this software and the source code!
We are NOT responsible for ANY damages caused by or related to this software whatsoever!

Hello, and welcome to our backup utility program that we (Rundarm and -AtF- King Too Tall) wrote for the PC gaming community!

It's called:
GAME CONFIG FILE MANAGER (or GCFM for short).

We are proud to release this under Advanced Tactical Forces gaming clan!
-AtF- is "Advanced Tactical Forces" A Call Of Duty 4 Gaming Clan!

INSTALLATION: unrar the packed GCFM package that you downloaded into the directory of your choice, and run "GameConfigFileManager.exe".
After running the program you will start fresh without ANY CONFIGURATIONS.

Let's begin by explaining what all the buttons and options do once you have run the GCFM program.The first step after reading this help file all the way though is to click on "CREATE NEW CONFIGURATION" (see below).

DONATE:
Please support this product and other future releases by donating to our cause. ANY money you donate goes directly to the authors. Contribute whatever you feel the program is worth. WE WILL SUPPORT YOU IF YOU SUPPORT US!!!!! :)

INSTALL SHORTCUTS:
Click on this button if you wish to have GCFM install shortcuts on your desktop and in the current windows user's START MENU.

ABOUT THIS PROGRAM:
This button tells a little bit about where to get support and post feedback for GCFM. (you MUST register on the -AtF- website in order to post on the forums for tech support!)

CONFIGURATION SELECTOR MENU BAR:
The text contained in the drop down menu is the CURRENTLY SELECTED configuration setup listed.

DELETE CURRENT CONFIGURATION:
Deletes the currently selected menu option (and the data off the hard drive if you've run GCFM once and saved a configuration) in the CONFIGURATION SELECTOR MENU BAR.

CREATE NEW CONFIGURATION:
Opens a new window and allows you to type any name you want for your newly created setup.(Some special characters are not allowed!)

RENAME CURRENT CONFIGURATION:
Opens a new window and allows you to type A NEW NAME for your currently selected setup.(Some special characters are not allowed!) You cannot rename an existing configuration to a name of one that already exists.

ADD PRECONFIGURED OPTIONS:
*FIRST you must create a new configuration setup by pressing the "CREATE NEW CONFIGURATION" button, and then give it a name. THEN if you choose, you can click on the "ADD PRECONFIGURED OPTIONS" button, A NEW window will open up giving you a few already made configuration setups to choose from. Click on ONE of the names listed in the PreConfiguration window, and it will AUTO-POPULATE all the fields in GameConfigFileManager's Interface.
*NOTE! If you DO NOT CREATE a new configuration BEFORE you click on the "ADD PRECONFIGURED OPTIONS" button the CURRENT selected setup will be overwritten with the new settings!!!!

SOURCE PATH:
This is the location on the Hard Drive where the game (or chat utility) is INSTALLED that you want to BACKUP files from or RESTORE files too.
*Files can be character saves, Configs, maps, etc. Should you not have any of the games listed in our PreConfigured options, you can manually choose any game install path on the Hard Drive. Simply left click the "..." box to the right of the source path listing and browse to any location on your Hard Drive. (The WINDOWS directory is NOT allowed to be used!).

GCFM CONFIGURATION SAVE PATH:
This is the location on the Hard Drive where GCFM will be Writing the file(s) or Directory(s) to and from depending on if you BACKUP or RESTORE. This is the location on the Hard Drive where the software configurations you create are saved. (They are saved in the same directory as the GCFM program, so make sure you have enough Hard Drive space free for whatever type of configs you are backing up!)

BACKUP:
Copies a DIRECTORY or a FILE, depending on which one you have chosen to backup, to the location on the Hard Drive listed in the "GCFM CONFIGURATION SAVE PATH".

RESTORE:
Copies a DIRECTORY or a FILE, depending on which one you have chosen to RESTORE, to the location on the Hard Drive listed in the "SOURCE PATH" box.

IMPORT:
This button allows you to IMPORT saved game or other data from your hard drive or other media (such as a flash drive, floppy, etc.) into whatever game or utility is listed in
the SOURCE PATH box.

SAVE SETTINGS ON EXIT:
When this box is checked (and should be unless you are testing) will save all the changes that you have made to GameConfigFileManager and all the changes that you have made to
the configuration setups upon closing GameConfigFileManager.

HELP!: Brought you here! Did I really need to tell you that?

WWW.CLAN-ATF.COM:
Left click on the Web page banner at the bottom of the GameConfigFileManager to launch your default web browser and take you to Advanced Tactical Forces website.(You MUST
register (its FREE!) in order to POST feedback or ask for tech support in the FORUMS!)

Our IP addresses for our Call of Duty 4 servers are listed next to the HELP! button. Write them down or copy them to your xfire favorites!
Our COD4 MOD server runs KingsWarFare written by -AtF- King Too Tall and -AtF- k0d3w4rri0r!

!!! Please Do NOT edit this text file! You will have to RE-INSTALL GCFM if this HELP file is MODIFIED at ALL !!!

F.A.Q Section:

Q. I see GCFM uses an .INI file, can I edit that file manually?
A. NO, do NOT edit that file or any other file manaully! Let GCFM update/change its own files or the program MAY NOT function correctly and corrupt data!

Q. Can I have UAC (User Account Control - Windows Vista and Windows 7) ENABLED when running GCFM?
A. YES! However, you have to run GCFM as an "ADMINISTRATOR" for it to function properly! We recommend turning OFF UAC when using our program.

Q. Can I have multiple instances of GCFM running at the same time?
A. NO. Only one instance of the program may run at any given time.

Q. Can I use GCFM to backup other windows user account saved games when not logged into those accounts on windows?
A. NO. GCFM only allows you to backup the current saved games and other date from the currently logged in windows user. (XP may allow this, But we dont recommend it!)

Q. How many configs can GCFM handle?
A. You can make up to 50 preconfigured or custom config selections at this time. We are working on an update that will be dynamic and handle as much as your computer memory will allow!

Q. How long can my directory and file names be?
A. There is a MAX of 255 characters TOTAL which includes the name of the directory(s) and the filename extension!

Q. I don’t see a SETUP.EXE! How do I install Game Config File Manager?
A. unrar the packed GCFM package that you downloaded into the directory of your choice, and run "GameConfigFileManager.exe", There is no INSTALL because it runs out of its own
directory.

Q. I don’t see an Uninstall on my add/remove programs list. How do I Uninstall Game Config File Manager?
A. Navigate windows explorer to the directory where GCFM is installed to, and DELETE it! *NOTE: you will be deleting the configs, saved games, etc that GCFM backed up also!

Q. Is .NET framework (free from MICROSOFT windows update) needed to run GCFM?
A. No, not at this time.

Q. I have a bug report or a problem with GCFM, where do I get support or who do I contact?
A. WWW.CLAN-ATF.COM: Left click on the Web page banner at the bottom of the GameConfigFileManager to launch your default web browser and take you to Advanced Tactical Forces
website.(You MUST register (its FREE!) in order to POST feedback or ask for tech support in the FORUMS!) or type WWW.CLAN-ATF.COM into your web browsers address line and press enter.

Q. I see that -AtF- uses TeamSpeak2. Can I join your TeamSpeak2 Server and speak with someone?
A. NO, our TeamSpeak server is reserved for clan members at this time only. If we get enough donations we may open a section to the public!

Q. Your gaming clan is AWESOME how can I join Advanced Tactical Forces?
A. Use our software, Play on our Call Of Duty 4 servers, Register and post on our Website, then once you become familiar to us we will ask you to join via our website.

Q. I donated money to your cause using the link in your program, where does it go?
A. ALL money donated by anyone goes to support the -AtF- clan as a whole. We pay for our game servers, our website, new upgrades for our software, and any fee's related to the
clan. *please make sure you leave a comment that you are donating because you use our software or whatever reason you choose.

Q. Can I give this program to my friend? They want to backup their saved games and configurations also!
A. YES! Just make sure that you give them the packed file in its STOCK form from our website without any modifications and dont charge any money for it!

Q. How do I get the latest update for GCFM.
A. Register (Its FREE!) on our website and check the download section often. We are working on an update that will include the AUTO-UPDATE feature.

Q. Does GCFM write to the windows registry?
A. NO not at all, GCFM only READS the install or save game locations FROM your registry keys.

Q. How much Hard Drive space does GCFM use upon install?
A. About 1 Megabyte! (*It will use additional space when you start making configurations and backing them up. It all depends on how large the data is that you wish to save using GCFM for back up.)

Q. I know that one of my games listed in the preconfigured options is installed but its telling me that it isn’t! What do I do?
A. In some cases if you did not install the game properly, or the install of the game has become corrupt, you have the option to either RE-INSTALL the game on your Hard Drive
correctly, or tell GCFM to MANUALLY point to the games saved game directory by using the "..." button next to the "SOURCE PATH" box.

Q. I used GCFM to backup all my saved game data to my Hard Drive under Windows XP. I have upgraded to Windos Vista or Windows 7. Can I use GCFM to restore my saved game data back to my games on the new version of windows once I have re-installed the games?
A. YES, and NO! Different versions of windows operating systems use different directory structures so your saved configurations in GCFM from one Operating system to another will list invalid paths or paths that have changed. You may have to MANUALLY change the SOURCE PATH before you can retore your old characters, saved games, or other data. Also make sure that you "install" GCFM to the EXACT same path it was saved in before you did the OS upgrade, or it will not find your backed up data!

!!!Please Do NOT edit this text file! You will have to RE-INSTALL GCFM if this HELP file is MODIFIED at ALL!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view Advanced Tactical Forces Forum Index ->  -AtF- Presents Game Config File Manager Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: